- Hits: 7207
Big mistakes people make about Copyright!
SY Web Design has dedicated this page to the myths about copyright. Let’s assumes you know at least what copyright is, a legal exclusive right to the author/owner of a creative work to control the copying and use of that work. Hopefully you know this when it comes to copy content. Yes we do have a group of seasoned professional writers on staff to provide you with copy for any topic in the world!
- It's not copyrighted If it doesn't have a copyright notice.
- If I don't charge for it, it is in no way a violation.
- If it's posted to Usenet it's in the public domain.
- My posting was just fair use of the document
- You will loose your copyright if you don’t defend it.
- Create in my own work based on someone else, copy it will belongs to me.
- They will not come after me, Lawyers have more power than you think.
- Copyright violation isn't a crime Everybody dose it.
- This is free advertising and nobody will be effected by it!
- I received this in an email so I can post it
- Check with a creditable source for you copy
- Let the Pros at SY Web Design create any copy documents you need.
Copyright law was recently amended by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act which changed net copyright in many ways. In particular, it put all sorts of legal strength behind copy-protection systems, making programs illegal and reducing the reality of fair use rights.